Good thing that the Dr.Eric Tayag, the Chief of DOH Epidemiology Center has announced this morning on TV , (great mass education!) what every individual especially parents should do especially at home for a mild case of Dengue. Of course early diagnosis is important. Seeking medical consultation at the first sign of fever will help prevent progression of illness. Dr. Tayag emphasize the DENGUE Acronymn guidelines for mild cases of dengue management at home.
- D - daily monitoring of the patient's condition or status, such as checking temperature and state of hydration.
- E - encourage intake of oral fluids. Fluids play a big role in the treatment of dengue.
- N - note for dengue warning signs such as bleeding and persistent vomiting
- G - give paracetamol for fever, NOT aspirin ( aspirin can aggravate bleeding tendencies)
- U - use mosquito nets, especially if child is taking a nap in the daytime because Dengue mosquito is a day-biting mosquito
- E - early consultation is always advised
Here's to your healthy body and healthy thoughts!